A place in Babylon (Dan. 3: 1) of uncertain location, where a golden image was erected.

Dura‐Europos, beyond the eastern border of Syria, on the right bank of the River Euphrates, where excavations in 1934 revealed the ruins both of a Jewish synagogue, and of the first known Christian church, constructed out of two rooms of a private house (232 CE). One of these was a rectangular room entered from a central court and adapted for baptisms. In it was a receptacle shaped like a coffin; it was the font in which the believer was ‘buried with Christ’ and raised to new life. At the east end there had been placed a raised platform, possibly for the use of the president.